Because…. There are SO many other things to do other that support the NFL who’s commissioner feels fining players for kneeling during the anthem is a great way to end a divisive situation and get back to highlighting players’ athleticism and abilities. I’m paraphrasing, but look it up – yes he said that. Good ‘ol Rodger.
I was of the boycott clan last fall and guess what… I survived. I found so much more to do with my time and I have no doubt that you will survive to.
Plus… well morals and all that.
So here is a list of things you can do in the fall – with your family, with yourself, with friends, etc. All of your relationships will grow because of it. I’m actually sure about that.
- Host a bonfire and sit around it drinking beer and sharing laughs
- Wander around an apple orchard or pumpkin patch
- Hike and have a picnic
- Go for a long leisure walk through the neighborhood
- Get lost in a corn maze (I mean lost, those things are such fun evil)
- Make homemade bird feeders
- Take a drive just to look at leaves and nature
- Pick up a book (I have many suggestions)
- Call your mother. Or your dad. Or your brother. Or your friend who you’ve been missing.
- Talk to your neighbor
- Do that house project (inside or outside) that has been waiting on you for for.e.ver
- Play board games – better yet have game nights with your friends
- Learn a new language
- Meal prep for the week
- Start brewing your own beer & invite your friends over for tastings
- Tour a winery
- Spend the day at a farmer’s market
- Learn to cook and host dinner parties
- Have a Netflix Binge party with all the tailgate snacks your heart desires
- Tailgate (aka have a backyard bbq) and play yard games
- Join a flag-football team
- Last, but not least. Do anything – anything that all that will make you a better person.
If it seems like a hard task in front of you (giving up football and all) then you can try college football OR find a more reputable and deserving organization to throw your money and time into.
Just a thought.